- Career Level Officer
- Experience 8 Years +
- Gender Female
- Qualification Diploma
Reporting to the SVP Operations, the Social Media Manager is responsible for creating, managing and executing digital marketing campaigns in social platforms for a broad range of agency clients as well as our own agency brands.
This role offers significant opportunity for career development since the right candidate will be leading the social department and representing the agency to our clients. This includes assisting in developing the agency service level and deliverables as well as vetting and selecting the industry tools for use in the social department.
Planning, developing, presenting and delivering successful strategies for clients is a core component of this role. Additional responsibilities for the Social Media Manager also include assisting in outreach and communication as well as planning content creation to help support our client’s online marketing campaigns.
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for digital marketing as a whole with specific skills and experience in delivering results in social media platforms.
At our agency, individuals are driven to continuously improve their skills and expected to take action outside of the day-to-day. Going to events, seminars, workshops, and participating in online training for skills and expertise would be expected.
Social Media Responsibilities & Expectations
- Designs strategies and manages the day-to-day social media activities maintaining our content distribution through multiple online channels.
- Writes, coordinates and keeps current, the Hotel’s Blog (roomwithaviewblog.com) and delivers live social updates and photography/video at hotel special events.
- Liaises with major local, national and international bloggers and related social media websites and suppliers, top influencers and industry insiders to optimize coverage for the Hotel.
- Designs and tracks appropriate metrics, including SEO and SEM, to evaluate the ROI success of various social media platforms used and its engagement of users through analytics.
- Produces reports on a weekly/monthly basis to measure the success of event campaigns and initiatives covered.
- Maintains two way engagement with key associates to ensure continued communication and exchange of material and ideas for the various social media platforms.
Required Competencies And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Web Development, Digital Marketing, Tourism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a content management role.
- Advanced technical skills of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft Office Suite, and video editing skills.
- Experience with online visual layout & formatting.
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on copy writing, editing and proofing.
- Creative with a high attention to detail.
- Positive, collaborative with a can-do attitude and a focus on results.
- Demonstrated experience with strong decision making skills and exercising independent judgement.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays as required.